What would have to change to stop just being annoyed when watching a football match?
1) The tiny rule changes : there is an alternative penalty to the penalty for minor offences inside the penalty area.
2) Equal treatment of strikers and defenders.
3) Offside is one of the over-critical decisions. Here we really should implement the USA’s idea for the 1994 World Cup: in case of doubt FOR the attacker, in case of doubt leave the flag down
4) Every violation of the rules should be penalised to such an extent that the violation is not profitable.
5) Playing for time must not be profitable either. So the time wasted is simply doubled.
6) The abolition of “tactical fouls”.
7) Involving the spectators in what they want to see. The media’s “winning is all that matters” is questionable and just what it is: a media requirement, with all its consequences.